The Rogers Foundation supports education institutions and educators who help prepare students to succeed. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis. The Rogers Foundation will accept grant applications for support in the following areas:
- Grants to meet specific needs of schools selected by the Foundation, including technology, furnishings, additional educators, or support staff (for direct student assistance only).
- Support for the arts and music programs in Southern Nevada schools.
- Support for specific needs at local schools with significant ELL populations.
- Support for programs or initiatives that focus on STEM.
- Supplement funding for high school or college entrepreneurship programs.
- Establish funding for mentorship programs.
Other areas in which The Rogers Foundation intends to support educational opportunities include:
- The Foundation may provide incentive “bonuses” to outstanding teachers at schools selected by the Foundation, including “bonuses” to teachers who teach at schools with significant ELL populations.
- The Foundation may provide funding for visiting professors at accredited Nevada schools.
- The Foundation may provide funding for programs that promote creativity and academic excellence.
The Foundation issues Requests for Proposals on a periodic basis. Grant opportunities currently being offered by the Foundation are listed below.
GIFT OF IMAGINATION: The purpose of the grant is to provide students additional opportunities for creative expression and to offer the community at large the opportunity to engage in those endeavors. » Gift of Imagination Request for Proposal
GIFT OF ASSURANCE: The purpose of this grant is to support programs providing innovative and sustainable solutions to the critical needs of students, ensuring these needs are met so students are able to focus and achieve in school. » Gift of Assurance Request for Proposal
GIFT OF KNOWLEDGE: The purpose of this grant is to provide assistance to schools that are attempting to close the achievement gap in vulnerable children populations.» Gift of Knowledge Request for Proposal